Here's the damage done....
1&2. NYX Lipstick in Watermelon and Vitamin - Not so sure about the feeling of them, they definitely need a gloss or some rosebud salve over it (LOVE my rosebud, by the way!) but they were buy one get one (which I didn't know until I looked at the receipt) so go me for finding a deal!
3&4. NYX Eye Pencils in Teal and Bronze Glitter - I love the bright eye look that is in for S/S so I figured teal would be a great color. The glitter color looked soft but funky enough for an everyday eye look, so I took both.
5. NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic - The name is perfect for the trend(s) in S/S and the color was a perfect pinky peach to wear instead of my usual Orgasm blush. I should be getting my e.l.f. shipments any day now (feels like that post was written forever ago but I ended up making another purchase 2 days after, so they both got shipped at the same time) so the stipple brush will be a perfect match with the new blush....hopefully.
6. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo - I have been through several bottles of dry shampoo (I still shower, I swear!) because my hair goes limp due to how fine it is...lame. I have heard good things about the TRESemme line so I figured I'd go for it and try it out. I've tried Rockaholic (good one), a salon brand (Umberto) from Target (awesome!!), and BigSexyHair's version (ehh) so I see no harm in trying out yet another.
7. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - I have heard about this lotion since before I even got breakouts in college, but never really tried it because I totally neglect the skincare section of Ulta most of the time (no clue why, though). When I just stumbled upon it today after passing up on Essie polishes (none tickled my fancy today), I was like, "This is a sign...you have to buy something!" So I did....and according to the directions, you don't shake it, but you're supposed to dip your Q-Tip into the pink part? So, let me get this straight....I just open it, dip the Q-Tip past the clear part into the pink, and then dab it on? I must be an idiot because their directions confuse me. The blonde is seeping into my brain on this one, I guess. If you have it and know how to use it, let this bitch know!!
8. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask - I go for anything that says it helps even skin tone and helps hydrate all in one. You're supposed to use it 2-3 times a week, so once I really get going with it, I'll update you on how it helps/doesn't help my skin. It was $24 for the tiny tub it's in, so it better fucking do something, even if it just makes my skin smoother. I usually use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant and that shit is $50 so I shouldn't complain....but I'm still complaining. Ok, done now.
I also got more at Target than I needed to, so quickly, I'll post that purchase.
I got my birth control (how glamorous), an NYC eye pencil (it's double-ended; black on one side & dark purple on the other), two bottles of Johnson's Baby Shampoo (brush cleaning master), Black & White Trail Mix (chocolate covered peanuts, yogurt-covered raisins....yummo!), two $1 white mini buckets (in the Easter section but PERFECT size for my new e.l.f. brushes coming!), Vase Filler Beads for previously mentioned buckets, Neutrogena 2 in 1 Acne Fight & Fade Gel (major impulsive purchase....I like to have backup products for those random "AHHH!" face moments), and Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Makeup (in a shade darker than normal, so Classic Ivory...I'm pale, ok?) for the upcoming summer months.
To end my haul post, I will give you my TOP FIVE obsessions as of late....because I go through serious phases of being obsessed with things and then leaving them for the next best thing (I don't do this with men, though, promise!....at least not anymore...I fully condone that in college, though....I mean.....)
1. Selena Gomez & The Scene's song "Who Says" - Uhh, kind of the perfect song to dance around to and it's such a positive message. Selena can obviously sing about that topic, though, because the girl is gorgeous....some gals just have it all, don't they? Either way, a good pop tune that I'll deny liking but still jam out to in my room and/or car.
2. Starbucks Iced Grande Raspberry Green Tea Latte - The most amazing drink in the world, and now that spring is here, I've become obsessed with this awkwardly colored drink once again. My boyfriend (who works at Starbucks...it's how we met...odd) thinks I'm a nut for liking it, because it doesn't blend the best, sometimes leaving matcha powder floating in your drink, but I love love love it and will drink it like water during the spring and summer months. Go try it now! Seriously....go.
3. The Cupcake Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc - Who knew my favorite dessert would start making wine? Kidding, but whoever though of naming their vineyards with such a delightful name knew I was coming....because I am addicted to this wine. I tend to go for any Sauvignon Blanc but this one has a hint of key lime and lemon, so it's crisp and refreshing, just in time for the temps to rise!
4. Physicians Formula Mood Boosting Light Bronzer - Ok, any product that claims it can make you happier is BULLSHIT, but this little bad boy is fan-freaking-tastic. It smells divine (maybe that makes you happier?) and there is an adorable pink heart mixed in with the different shades of golden tans, and it is the PERFECT bronzer for pale-skinned gals like myself. It's nowhere near orange, has a very buildable color, and blends in flawlessly. I will be buying this in bulk the next time I'm at Target. I got my sister on it, too, so even if it doesn't have the "happy" properties it claims to (seriously...bullshit, if you ask me), it at least has something that has me ridiculously addicted!
5. Houlihan's Restaurant - If you do not have one near you, I apologize, because I am ridiculously addicted to this place. They have amazing "skinny" cocktails and not to mention the best desserts ever. Oh, and don't get me started on their mashed potatoes, either. Fatass much? Either way, I love going here for happy hour...or any hour. My sister and I go after errands or shopping usually and I know I can always go there on weekend nights when everywhere else is jam-packed with people (sorry, I don't want to feel your body against mine...I don't even know you!) It is the perfect go-to place that's still extremely classy but hip at the same time.
Is there anything you're in love with currently? Any of the ones I mentioned above also tickle your fancy?
Let me know what you think of NYX products or any of the items I bought today. I love feedback and love hearing about other people's favorite products, too!
Have a fantastic rest of the weekend, keep on keeping on...
don't be afraid of the world because
don't be afraid of the world because
the world will never be afraid of you.