I have seen plenty of posts on how much your "everyday" face costs....everything from the products you use to the brushes and sponges that apply them. I was intrigued by everyone's posts and thought, perhaps, I should look into how much my everyday face costs to see if I can finally determine where all my moohlah is going (I swear there are trolls at the bank stealing it!)
Here it goes....I rounded up if it was .50 or more after the dollar...just makes it easier for my non-math brain!
1. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation - $8
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder - $4
3. NARS Orgasm Blush - $27
4. Physicians Formula Happy Boost Light Bronzer - $14
5. e.l.f. Everyday Eye Palette - $5
6. Maybelline One by One Volum' Express - $6
7. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - $10
8. e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black - $1 (woot, woot!)
9. Too Faced Brow Pencil in Blonde-y - $19 (light blondes, go buy this now!)
10. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom - $6
TOTAL = $100
Holy shit, how did that happen? I even double-checked my math! An even 10 products for an even $100.....is this girl good or is she good? Let's break the bank even more, though, and add in the brushes and misc. products that also go on my face but are the behind-the-scene kiddos who don't actually get center-stage....
1. Eco Tools Shading Brush - $7
2. Sonia Kashuk Total Face Brush - $10
3. Revlon Kabuki Brush - $5
4. Revlon Blush Brush - $5
5. Sonia Kashuk Mini Eye Brush Set - $10
6. Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge - $9
7. Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray - $18
TOTAL = $54
Therefore, my everyday face costs under $200....thank you, Target and Ulta for making that happen! I will shell out for products that I want, sure, but for the everyday face, cheap does the trick for me. I give my stamp of approval on all the products posted, so definitely try them out if you get the chance!
How much does your face costs? (No, not your plastic surgery.....kidding, relax!) It's fun to see how much you spend (or don't spend!) on your face....the ten products posted first have been used at least one or more times through, so the everyday face could use a, well, face lift....but for now, I'm content, and that'll do until my impulsive personality tells me "it's time!"
Sadly, after having written this post, now I know the trolls may not be real (damnit) and my cash flow really goes to clothes and skincare, all the junk that goes on before the makeup or at night....because if I have to splurge, I'd rather it be for my real face and not just the face I put on in the mornings. Am I right or am I right? I think I might just be right. Perhaps a post on all my skincare products will come next....that may be too much of a doozy, though.
Have yourself a very happy Monday...let's get through this week so we can all enjoy the holiday weekend! (and something else super fun...more to come on that soon enough!)