Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday Funday - Save Face (Skincare Routines!)

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU & YOURS - if you celebrate, hope you got a great Easter basket filled with yummy goodies. If you do not celebrate it, then I hope you still had a very enjoyable Sunday Funday!

If I can help it, I'll save face as much as possible, no matter the cost! I mean this in the sense of actually saving my face, whether it be from dryness, oiliness, or dare I say it, those pesky breakouts! But saving face can actually "save face" as the infamous idiom states, because you can clearly put your, well, clear face forward which betters your reputation on the whole....maybe? Just go with it.

Therefore, I'm going to breakdown my skincare routine...cringe. I thought about how to do it, if I wanted to include price, what all I should include. This is what I broke it down to: a morning skincare routine (and price, sigh), a nighttime skincare routine (and price, sigh again), and a last-minute section of "goes on my face but not always" routine (and price, ouch).



MORNING ROUTINE
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub (that's a mouthful...that's what she said) - $8
2. Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 - $15
3. Garnier Anti-Puff Eyeroller (only on those "woof" days) - $12
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream - $17
5. Neutrogena Lip Balm - $8
6. Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray - $17

MAKEUP ROUTINE POST (click!)


NIGHTTIME ROUTINE
1. Philosophy's Purity Cleanser (love, love, love for makeup removing....on my fourth bottle...clearly need to buy a fifth soon!) - $20
2. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (5 days/week) - $50
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub - $8
4. Dermalogica Bedtime for Breakouts, only a thin layer, let dry completely - $22 (apologies for not having it in the photo; currently not using it because I ran out, gasp, need to buy a new one, like, tomorrow!)
5. The Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream (ahhh-mazing!) - $18
6. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream - $17
7. Neosporin Overnight Renewal Therapy Lip Treatment - $5


THE RANDOMS
1. CVS Brand Mint Masque (once a week, usually Saturday or Sunday Morning) - $3
2. Mario Badescu (NEW to my routine, but plan on using it 3 days/week) - $24
3. Neutrogena 2-in-1 Fight&Fade Gel for Spot Treatments (great for those breakouts that happen around the "time of the month"....hey, I'm only human!) - $9
4. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion for Spot Treatments (on the nights I don't use the 2-in-1 gel) - $17

TOTAL = $270

The fact that most of these products are purchased at least once a month, if not more, makes me cringe at the fact that I spend nearly $500 on just my face (including the price from my makeup post). That doesn't include shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, shaving gels, shall I continue? Being a girl is an expensive task, but being a girly girl is just downright ridiculous. I wouldn't give it up for the world, though, product junkie through and through....are you with me or are you with me? I have many other products that sit and look cute on the shelf, but considering they are rarely used (even more so than my "randoms"), there's no need to post them or bore you with an even longer post about things I buy but don't use. We're all like that, right? Right.

I'm sure my number is pale in comparison to most beauty bloggers out there, so I'll cut my losses and take it in stride this time....this is like golf to me, the lower the number, the bigger the winner. That's how it works, right? Right.

Farewell, my loves. Feel free to post your morning/night routines to share with the rest of us! Are there any products in your regimen that you cannot do without? Let me know, I'd love to try them out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Superficial Sanctuary

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...