Nevertheless, let's buck up our pretty faces and discuss all things favorited (not a word, but whatevs) in the steamy month of July!
2. Homemade Daisy Dukes - If there was ever an item of clothing that I love as much as my adored baby blanket (don't judge) it is definitely my pair of homemade cut-offs from years ago. I think my mom was going to give the jeans away (they were my sister's) and instead, I took them and cut them and folded up the ends to make cute little cuffs, did some hand sewing (not my finest hour of craftsmanship) and voila, my favorite shorts were made! They fit loose which is why I love them. Who knew you could wear short shorts AND eat your cake, too? I'm practically a miracle worker! July saw these bad boys.....a lot. Perhaps too much...
3. Vegetable Juice - Gotta work on the insides to make the outsides look good, no? I started eating tomatoes like it was my job this month and then that transferred over to my new love for vegetable juice. A full serving of veggies in every eight ounces, so I've been downing this all month, whether it's by can or just buying the big bottle....and I have noticed a difference in my skin and health since drinking that in place of juice or coffee....ok, so I still drink the coffee. A lot.
4. Physcians Formula Mosaic Bronzer - I will never stop searching for bronzers no matter how many times I buy them. I bought this one and forgot about it, but after buying my waterproof one from Tarte (which I do like, not to worry!), I came across this one and fell in love. I must have been too pale for it when I first bought it but now it works perfectly with my somewhat tanner skin. The mosaic colors blend nicely so my face isn't one big brown circle, and it doesn't have the shimmery effects of a disco ball, either.....yessss! I use it as a softer base and then use the Tarte in areas where "sun naturally hits." I hate when people say that, sounds so pretentious for whatever reason. Says the girl who just used the word pretentious.....
5. Bare Eyelids - I prefer going nude....on my eyelids, that is. I am either too lazy or too sweaty to wear shadow so I just do a nice color on the waterline....it's like the inverted shadow look! It gives my skin a more sunkissed look, too, because the eyelids just become a nice bronze color like the rest of me instead of having some other color stealing the focus from my tan. I still rock the occasional gold lid or even smoky brown, but for the most part in July, this chick was nude.....on my eyelids, that is!
6. Dry Shampoo - Heaven in a bottle, am I right? This month I got really lazy with my hair and this shit helped, as it always does. This should probably be a favorite every month, for real. I go between TRESemme and Umberto's.....I am currently looking for Bastitse's XXL Volume one, so if you know where it is, help a sista out!
7. Netflix - I already discussed this in a previous post but after buying it in July, it's become my serious amigo and I have no idea why I waited so long to be without this media BFF. If you don't have it, get it, really. Stream it to the laptop and you're set! Such a serious favorite (or obsession) of mine this month!
So I know there were very few items of beauty in that favorite list, but hey, I'm nothing if not honest....I haven't used very many beauty products this month because it's sweaty, I work as a nanny, and it's sweaty....and really hot.
Here's to August...may it slow down just a bit more than July's speed-demon actions and let us revel in it's summer joy!
Travel post coming soon....a sort of "what's in my (many) travel bags?!" Look out for that!
I leave you with a photo from yesterday.....I took the kiddos I nanny to the nearest amusement park and this photo pretty much sums up my life.
Just barely too tall to ride on a Kiddieland ride. No, I am not sad that I cannot ride, but rather, sad that I pretty much just miss the cut-off....and I'm 23. #nannyfail (Yes, I did just hashtag in a blog post....whatevs.)
Thank you to my boyfriend for coming along with us, he made the whole trip much easier because the boys loved him being there! We actually had a decent bit of fun...as much fun as you can have with an 8 year old and a 5 year old at an amusement park!
Until next time, as always....farewell love bugs.